Please continue to pray for the Lord’s move in Lexington! We started the day with morning coordination with the team. Two visiting brothers from Chicago gave us fellowship on how the overflow of life is our work. Rest and enjoy first. We rest in Christ and enjoy Him as our source. The partaking and enjoying of the bountiful supply of the Spirit will result in the overflow of life. So our gospel work is not a sense of doing things, but just an overflow of what we have enjoyed in our spirit!
We moved to a new location for our Bibles for America (BfA) tabling and distribution on the campus of the University of Kentucky (UK). While today was the slowest day of traffic at the table, we met with contacts from last week’s tabling for appointments. It was refreshing to meet and engage with the seeking students again, to get to know them personally and spiritually and to have fellowship with them. We also had dinner on campus and some of us grabbed dinner with some students. We met with a student for dinner whom we met through our BfA table. Since this was our first time meeting with her, we spent most of the time getting to know her as a person, as a student, and as a Christian. She grew up in a home with Christianity accepted only for moral and ethical standards. Due to a friendship, she continued to go to church and was saved and baptized as a teenager. We were encouraged to see a young student have such an aspiration to pursue the Lord. Through our conversation with her, we saw that she did not have much basis of what being a Christian was but was wanting to know more about it and asking about our experiences. As time is becoming limited, we are hoping to have a second contact with these students. May the Lord continue His blessing in the campus outreach and our appointments with the UK students!
- Bibles distributed: 15
- Basic Elements of the Christian Life distributed: 10
- Appointments: 6
- Pray that the Lord release more appointments with the UK students we contacted during our campus time
- Pray for the follow-up contact with the students we met with and connecting them to the local saints in Lexington.
- Pray that the Lord will continue to cover and strengthen the health of all the trainees, full-time serving ones, and the local saints.
- Pray for the Bible studies this upcoming week on Wednesday and Thursday.